April 17, 2012

The One Very Thing

Psalm 66:16
"Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul."


There are many things, many niceties & goodies my children have that I didn't have growing up. I don't begrudge them for it. In fact, I'm the main contributor who indulges them because I love them. True love cannot be expressed in the giving of material things, I know. But, as a father, I can't help but buy them things that I know will delight them, make them smile and happy.

However, there is one thing my children have right now that I didn't have when I was their age, which I do take them to task on. Indeed, my heart envies the one very thing that each of them have that I wish I had had as a little boy growing up in the Southside of San Antonio, a poor working class neighborhood where you had to grow a set of eyes on the back of your head just to watch your back. In the barrio kids grow up fast. My childhood was no exception. But, I digress.

The one thing I envy that my children have in their possession, the very thing that I would've liked to be an owner of was a relationship with Jesus Christ. Growing up Roman Catholic meant going to mass on Sundays, confessing your sins to a priest on Saturday, eating fish on Fridays and feeling empty every day. It's like I sensed something was missing. That something, turned out, was Someone by the name of Jesus Christ.

How sadly ironic that in a house of worship I didn't even know the Master of the house! The good news is that Christ waited patiently for me and I came to know Him as Lord and Saviour in March 2004.

Since being born again, Jesus has shown Himself to be true to His Holy Word. Jesus has been my Provider, Sustainer, Healer, Intercessor, Protector and Comforter, to name a few. My family and I have gone through alot and yet He has been with us, giving us peace, every step of the way. Truly, a relationship with Jesus Christ was the one very thing I was missing in my life. Now that I have it, I don't intend to give it up or walk away from it, come what may.

Dear Reader, I don't know where you are in life. If you're poor, rich, male, female, adult or teen. You may be an American. Or, you could be from one of the many nations that read this blog daily. In any event, I want to personally thank you for taking the time to read these posts.

It's my hope and prayer that when you read these posts that you have your Bible (preferably the King James Version) in your hand. And that when you consider the words on your computer screen, it's my sincere desire to see each and every one of you to personally know the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. Furthermore, if you already have a relationship with Jesus, it's my motivation that you draw even closer, nearer to the Lord through His Word.

Let's face it, there are 2 types of people in the world, irrespective of nationality, creed or culture: Those who need Jesus and those who need more of Jesus.

In a world of greed & poverty; information overload & confusion; technological advancements and abject misery; moral relativism & spiritual darkness, there is One who is the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6). And, a personal relationship with Him is the one very thing this world needs and it's what you need.

Can you honestly say that Jesus Christ is your Lord & Saviour?

It's not too late, you know. It's never too late. I Want A Relationship With Jesus.

All to Jesus I surrender;
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
fill me with Thy love and power;
let Thy blessing fall on me.

I surrender all, I surrender all,
all to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

No comments: